Pages

Email!

musings...

If you like what you see here, or if you have anything you would like to share do send an email:
psychonauterotica@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

reconnecting with Buddhist social justice

I am not other than the system. This is not to suggest that I am synonymous with the system, only that I am not other than it. Thus, to change myself is not other than to change the system.
Even as changing myself is not synonymous with nor sufficient to changing the system, it is also not other than these.

The system is expressed through my being, my actions...
The system is not other than the limits of what is actionable, not other than these actions and the fruits of these actions.

As I moderate my own expressions, I can highlight or modify aspects of the system that are being so expressed. As I challenge my own limitations, so are the system's limitations also challenged.

If the system privileges greed, then by uprooting greed in my own being and behaviour, I uproot some of the greed that the system demands.

There is now a gap.

What are my alternatives? What are the system's alternatives?

If I change, whether I will it or not, if change is the only certainty,
then the system will change, inevitably.

My role is mostly to seed,
till,
water,
rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment