Pages

Email!

musings...

If you like what you see here, or if you have anything you would like to share do send an email:
psychonauterotica@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Education!

Let me tell you what it feels like to stand in front of a white man and explain privilege to him. It hurts. It makes you tired. Sometimes it makes you want to cry. Sometimes it is exhilarating. Every single time it is hard. Every single time I get angry that I have to do this, that this is my job, that this shouldn’t be my job. Every single time I am proud of myself that I’ve been able to say these things because I used to not be able to and because some days I just don’t want to.


Manissa McCleave Maharawal, over on Racialicious

http://www.racialicious.com/2011/10/03/so-real-it-hurts-notes-on-occupy-wall-street/

No comments:

Post a Comment