Pages

Email!

musings...

If you like what you see here, or if you have anything you would like to share do send an email:
psychonauterotica@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

photographs

Photographs are interesting.
What a powerful medium photography is.
To be able to "capture" a still of something that you have literally seen
or perhaps that was "viewable" from some vantage point
that your own eyes might never have otherwise met
such as microscopic imaging, or a view of the sky from Mars...

Photographs...

One evening, I was cuddling my lover, when he held out his iPad and scrolled through some pictures of things that intrigued him. It struck me how incredible it was to be able to "see what he is seeing", from what he is able to conjure from his own mind (tapping into the generative collective minds of everyone else who contributes on the internet) and then to make manifest on a screen so that I could now see too...

Of course we can drop into deeper philosophical trajectories (oh how do you know that you are seeing what he is seeing? perhaps one or the other of us is colourblind, or that he is himself a projection of my own seeing of the world and hence how can I ever really know for certain that there is an objectively existent man who is independent of my own thought? I am always at least partially implicated in my own thought of him for his existence (which is not known apart from the thought of it)).

No comments:

Post a Comment