Pages

Email!

musings...

If you like what you see here, or if you have anything you would like to share do send an email:
psychonauterotica@gmail.com

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Different Happinesses


Our standards of happiness shift as we age...

I remember, when I was younger, associating the term 'happiness' with excitement and adventure, while, as I've got older (and indeed, as my peer network has gotten older in turn), I am more likely to associate the term 'happiness' with peacefulness, contentment, and serenity...





So I may see a picture of this child, and project traits in them that are typically associated with older people: Maturity, wisdom... "old for their age"


Or:





I might see a picture of these older people and project traits in them, at least for this circumstance, that are typically associated with younger people: Feisty, playful, excitable... "young for their age"

No comments:

Post a Comment